A time sheet can be related to a project or deal and even to a user. The principles of creating and managing a time sheet are basically the same as with other items in eWay-CRM. You need to click Add New and then Time Sheet in the Project, Deal or User window.
If you want to display your time sheets, you need to enter all the necessary data and accept them with Save or Save and New. It will save the current item and open a new time sheet window.
|Superior item||An item that the time sheet is related with. For example: If you are creating a time sheet right in the Project window by Add New > Time Sheet, the project will be automatically filled in. If you are creating a new time sheet from the eWay-CRM toolbar, you have to choose superior item manually.|
|Task||You can relate time sheet with task you work on during your work time.|
|Employee||The name of the user who is logged in to the system.|
|Subject||The description of activity that user did.|
|Type||The type of activity is specifying the item and make the orientation in the list easier.|
|Date and Time||
User specifies the date and time he or she did the work activity.
Start Time field is prefilled with value that is set for the user in its card (in Administration Application) in the Advanced tab - see User Card.
Any text you want to add to a time sheet. For more information about the field, see Note Field.
It could be, depending on the system settings, that the user only has permission for entering a time sheet for the previous two days or for unfinished projects. This setting can be changed in the administrator application in Global Settings.
Despite the described procedure, there is also a possibility to create a time sheet by the conversion of an appointment from the calendar. Fo more information, go to Convert Appointment to Time Sheet.
The Time Sheet module should provide information about user's work load. That is why this data should be used for salary calculation and for calculation on the project costs and deal revenue. These requirements should be accomplished for the successful calculation:
- The user has salary filled in his window (hourly rate or fix).
- The user makes time sheets (the timesheet is in the Approved status).
- His or her work hours are related to the specific a project or deal.
The calculation differs depending on whether the user has the hourly rate or fix month salary:
- Hourly rate: The number of worked hours (based on time sheets) is multiplied by the hourly rate - the result is added to the Actual People Costs field in the Project window or the Est. Revenue field in the Deal window.
- Fix month salary: At first, the fix salary is divided by the number of worked hours of a user in the month. The result is multiplied by the number of hours worked on the specific project or deal. This value is added to the Actual People Costs field in the Project window or the Est. Revenue field in the Deal window. For more information, see Include Entire Fix Rate in Time Sheets Costs.
The regular and correct reporting gives you a complete overview of project costs, deal revenues and workload of your employees.