In the case that you install an MS Outlook update called KB3114409, you won't be able to launch MS Outlook correctly because it will launch in safety mode. System eWay-CRM cannot start in this mode because it is forbid as an add-in.
All versions of eWay-CRM
Option 1: Change the setting in Windows Registry
Please, follow these steps:
- Open the Registry editor by pressing Windows key + R. Type regedit in the Open: field. Then click Ok.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security\
- If any key in the path is missing, you'll need to create it. Right click on the last key, choose New> Key and type the key name.
- Right click on Security key and choose New > DWORD Value.
- Type DisableSafeMode, and then press Enter.
- Right-click on DisableSafeMode, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
If you have MS Windows 64bit and MS Office 32bit, also add DisableSafeMode and value 1 to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security\
- Restart the computer. The new launch of MS Outlook should be correct.
Option 2: Uninstall the update
The MS Outlook update can be uninstalled from MS Windows:
- Go to Control panel and find View Installed Updates in the Search Control Panel field at the top right.
- Find the update called KB3114409 and uninstall it. Its uninstallation won't affect the function of MS Outlook.