During the update, some issue may happen, for example, updater is unable to download data from licence server:
--- 2019-08-13 15: 53: 53,543  WARN eWayTimer [(null)] - Unable connect to License Server System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the remote station did not respond correctly after a certain amount of time, or the connection that was made was faulty the connected host did not respond 18.104.22.168:443 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect (EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal (Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket & socket, IPAddress & address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception & exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
The update cannot run automatically after this error.
All versions of eWay-CRM
The issue that prevents update must be resolved first - in this case, it was issue described in this article. If you resolve this issue, please continue with these steps:
- Close Administration Application that waits for the update start.
- Set eWayTimer logging to ALL so the download of data from licence server can be tracked.
- Run web service if it is stopped.
- Restart eWayTimer.
- Run the update in Administration Application.
- If there is no information in eWayTimer that update files are being downloaded, you need to edit UpdateResultMessages.txt - add blank space next to ###.
- Track status in eWayTimer - download of update files should start.